Filming live shots in Atlanta
Looking for scenic filming locations in Atlanta? There are many picturesque spots around the city that are ideal for live shots and standups.
- Centennial Olympic Park offers a great view of the Downtown skyline along with the Fountain of Rings. This area is frequented by people and typically has an abundance of foot traffic.
- Jackson Street Bridge features another vantagepoint of Downtown and is the iconic shot from the first season of The Walking Dead. This location works for a standup, but there is no designated parking for a vehicle.
- Piedmont Park is a beautiful greenspace, located in the city’s Midtown arts district, with many areas that capture the neighborhood skyline.
- In Buckhead, Atlanta’s third skyline can be viewed from Chastain Park, located in this affluent shopping district.
- Mercedes-Benz Stadium, home to the Atlanta Falcons and Atlanta United FC, offers nearby greenspaces that set up great shots of the facility.
Additional points of interest
- Atlanta mural by STATS located on Marietta St NW
- Attractions surrounding Centennial Olympic Park:
o Georgia Aquarium
o World of Coca-Cola
o CNN global headquarters
o Chick-fil-A College Football Hall of Fame
o National Center for Civil and Human Rights
o SkyView Atlanta Ferris wheel.
- The exterior of State Farm Arena spells out Atlanta, making for a unique shot.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historic Site includes the famed civil rights activist’s birth home and final resting place.
- The Eastside is Atlanta’s fun and funky side of town with many neighborhoods full of eclectic visuals and street art.