This Valentine’s Day, Atlanta’s neighborhoods offer something for everyone – whether you’re looking for a night on the town, an evening enjoying the arts, or a weekend spoiling your sweetheart with luxuries, Atlanta’s got you covered.
Downtown: spend the night on cloud nine
- Stay: Check in to the swanky W Atlanta – Downtown for a romantic rendezvous with their “Romance Remixed” package, receive bubbly upon arrival and a $50 insider credit good for anything from breakfast in bed to hand-delivered gifts for your special someone.
- Play: Watch the sunset over the city skyline on the 20-story SkyView Atlanta Ferris wheel. Opt for the glass-bottomed VIP gondola and bring along your own champagne for a little extra ambiance.
- Dine: Take your sweetie for another spin at the Sun Dial Restaurant. Perched atop the 73-story Westin Peachtree Plaza, this traditional Valentine’s Day hot spot offers 360 degree views of the night sky as you enjoy your three-course prix fix menu.
- Sip: Savor house infused cocktails or sip martinis, while taking in another panoramic perspective of Atlanta on top of the Glenn Hotel at SkyLounge.
Midtown: is for (arts) lovers
- Stay: Positioned in the middle of Atlanta’s cultural arts district, the Artmore Hotel’s signature red roses, chilled champagne, and sweets from local bakery Cami Cakes set the stage for your romantic weekend in Midtown.
- Play: Romance blooms with Valentine’s Day in the Garden at Atlanta Botanical Garden. Design your own fragrance with BLEND Custom Parfum while sipping on signature cocktails and dancing the night away.
- Dine: Reserve a table for two at Ecco and feast on Valentine’s Day entrée options such as wood-fired baked oysters, roasted quail, and charred rapini-filled ravioli. Finish with a Grand Marnier chocolate soufflé topped with Earl Gray crème anglaise.
- Sip: Snuggle up for an after-dinner drink at 10th & Piedmont’s cozy lounge. Try the Sex-o-Chocolate martini – a concoction including vanilla vodka, crème de cacao, Godiva white chocolate liqueur, milk chocolate drizzle and cinnamon-sugar.
Buckhead: A weekend in the lap of luxury
- Stay: Enjoy “14 Days of Chocolate” at The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead. Check in to the dedicated spa level and indulge in a Chocolate Cherry Facial, or view works of art in chocolate designed by the hotel’s pastry chef team.
- Play: Spoil your sweetie with luxury shopping in Buckhead at Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza for sparkly baubles and chic attire to don on your evening out on the town.
- Dine: Reserve a candle-lit booth for two in the upper balcony at Aria. Chef Gerry Klaskala’s four-course, prix fixe Valentine’s Day menu is packed with slow-cooked treats such as Zinfandel Braised Beef Short Ribs followed by decant deserts.
- Sip: Enjoy a nightcap at Southern Art & Bourbon Bar. Try one of their V-Day specialty cocktails such as the New Love, Old Love – a mix of Old Forester Signature bourbon with Jules Theuriet Crème de Cassis, champagne and Grand Marnier marinated cherries.
For more Atlanta Valentine’s Day ideas, visit http://www.atlanta.net/seasonal/valentines-day.