Local Spotlight: Atlanta's Instagram Game is Strong
From Stone Mountain to Ponce City Market and more, Atlanta has a solid presence on Instagram with more than eight million posts utilizing #Atlanta. Instagram users capture Atlanta’s unique locations, restaurants, hot spots and iconic skyline through their photographs. Visitors and locals alike utilize this social media platform for inspiration in a variety of ways to discover the city.
- Lake Clara Meer in Piedmont Park: This Atlanta destination is home to an impressive view of Midtown’s skyline from across Lake Clara Meer. It’s a popular place for individuals to “pop the question” with the panoramic view in the background.
- “Atlanta” mural at STATS: A recent addition to Downtown, this mural provides bypassers with a quick glance into Atlanta’s history. Each letter is designed to showcase one of Atlanta’s unique attributes.
- Atlanta BeltLine Eastside Trail: Atlanta BeltLine Eastside Trail connects Piedmont Park, Historic Fourth Ward Park and the Freedom Park trail. The repurposed railroad corridor and green space host an abundance of vibrant picture-perfect murals.
- Ponce City Market: Along the BeltLine Eastside Trail is Ponce City Market, a hub for Atlanta’s intown neighborhoods. Visitors often stop for shopping, coffee, lunch and a quick photo shoot with the bright letters that sit on top of the fully-renovated building.
- Jackson Street Bridge: The scene from Jackson Street Bridge is one of Atlanta’s most iconic, providing an uninterrupted view of the Downtown skyline. The view from this bridge has been featured in many TV shows and movies, most notably it’s where The Walking Dead’s poster image was captured.
- The Sun Dial at The Westin Peachtree Plaza: The top floor of the Westin Peachtree Plaza is home to the Sun Dial, a revolving restaurant and bar that provides a photo-worthy 360-degree view of Atlanta.
- Stone Mountain: Located just outside the heart of Atlanta, Stone Mountain offers breathtaking views of the city and beyond. Visitors can take a one-mile hike to reach the top or ride the Summit Skyride to the pinnacle.
- MIDTOWN letters: This vibrant location is a new addition to an Instagrammer’s to-do list. In March, these bright bold letters made their first appearance outside of Colony Square, providing Midtown guests with another photo-op.
- SkyView Atlanta: SkyView Atlanta Ferris wheel is located on the southwest corner of Centennial Olympic Park. This attraction provides riders with a sky-high panoramic view of downtown Atlanta.
- Centennial Olympic Park: This park’s claim to fame is the 1996 Summer Olympics, but it has much more to offer than just a history lesson. With tons of green space, fountain of rings and famous views, Centennial Olympic Park is the perfect place to take a killer selfie on your lunch break.