Thank you for your interest in Atlanta. Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau (ACVB) hosts press trips for qualified media on assignment. While we’d love to assist every journalist with suggested itineraries and facilitate visits to attractions, cultural venues and other points of interest, the enormity of requests in proportion to our staff makes this impossible.
To most effectively meet your needs, we ask your cooperation in following these guidelines:
- A minimum of four business weeks’ notice for a visit
- Six business weeks’ notice during peak season (May – September)
- Please complete the appropriate media familiarization form below. In addition to the form, please attach documentation as follows:
- Print media – a letter of assignment on letterhead from the media outlet you are representing. Note: Media requests will not be processed until letter of assignment is provided.
- Digital media – recent examples of travel or travel-related features online or blog coverage.
ACVB is unable to provide airfare or ground transportation. MARTA, Atlanta’s mass transit system, is convenient and inexpensive.
Complimentary or media rate arrangements may be provided but are at the discretion of the host businesses and are subject to availability. Blackout periods may also be in place throughout the year.
Meals accompanied by an ACVB staff member will be covered, however all visiting press should plan to pay for some portion of the visit. Comped meals will be considered for food writers, however, ACVB is unable to guarentee anything.
Our primary goal is to assist working press. Accommodating spouses, children and visitors accompanying working press is at the discretion of ACVB partners.
After Your Trip
ACVB asks that you please forward an original copy of coverage resulting from your trip to Atlanta. For traditional media, coverage is requested within six months of visit. For online media/blogger, coverage is requested within one month of visit, unless otherwise noted.
Magazines, newspapers, travel radio/television programs and guidebook companies can mail original articles to:
Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau
c/o Public Relations Department
233 Peachtree St. NE
Atlanta, GA 30303