Atlanta’s Music Scene Has a Beat for Everyone
Atlanta’s musical heritage in the genres of hip-hop, blues and jazz runs deep. The city is home to eclectic communities of musicians and plays host to more than 20 events across all genres each year. There’s no shortage of places to hear music in Atlanta from large concert halls to intimate listening rooms.
- Pollstar magazine’s list of “Top Club Venues” in 2018 include Variety Playhouse, Terminal West and City Winery.
- “Top Theatre Venues” for 2018 include Fox Theatre and Cobb Energy Performing Arts Center.
- Atlanta is home to one of Pollstar’s 2018 “Top Amphitheatre Venues” with Cellairis Lakewood Amphitheater.
- Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, established in 1945, has earned 27 Grammy Awards.
- More than 30 music festivals are held in metro Atlanta annually; AC3 Festival, Atlanta Jazz Festival, Imagine Music Festival, Music Midtown, Shaky Knees and SweetWater 420 Fest are among the largest.
- The musical heritage of Atlanta includes many legends who made their careers in Georgia’s capital including Blind Willie McTell, Otis Redding, Gladys Knight, Little Richard, Cee Lo Green, OutKast, Indigo Girls, Alan Jacksonand Trisha Yearwood.